Sunday, October 28, 2007

Coronet Hat


Coronet Hat
Originally uploaded by BoxerPixie.
What an easy one day project! I picked up the yarn on Friday night (Cascade 220) to make a store model, cast on yesterday afternoon and finished up just as the Rockies tanked in Game 3 of the World Series last night.

The only thing I don't like is the turning purl row, on my hat it just looks a little "messy". But I do like how the cable bit turned up to double the warmth around the ears, so when I make a second hat I'll have to sort out how to make the turning row neater.

6 comments:

Marsha said...

I love it! Where did you find the pattern?

Kristen said...

Love it! I don't think I ever blocked mine, but I do remember wrinkling my nose at the purl row a little. Not enough to bother me, though. And yeah, it's amazing how fast it knits up!

Anonymous said...

You're right it looks awful, and awfully messy! I'd have done it over especially if it was for a store model!

Pixie said...

ouch! on that last comment.

Kati said...

I think it looks great, where is it messy? I wanted to make the one like that from Hats On by S. Schurch. Was it difficult?

Marsha said...

Ouch indeed!

Don't listen to mean and insensitive comments--the hat looks great.