Saturday, February 28, 2009
This afternoon the boxer puppy and I going over to our friend Mardi's house to visit and knit. Mardi was Pixel's foster mom when he first came into rescue and he lived there for 4 months so it's nice that she still gets to visit with him. He loves to play with her boxers and I'll so appreciate how tired he'll be this evening!
I also restarted the We Call Them Pirates hat. I don't have any photos up on my Ravelry page yet. Since this hat is a surprise for my husband, maybe I'll work on that project today at Mardi's and work on the sock while I'm at home tonight.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
But on a happier note, I have started filling a large box with the goodies for my Knitters Coffee Swap 4 pal!
Friday, February 13, 2009
sigh...the things we do to keep our dogs happy.... :)
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
1. Whole bean or ground? We are primarily a whole bean family, but have been known to have ground in the house occasionally.
2. Fully-loaded or decaf? Loaded!
3. Regular or flavored? Both, though I don't do anything cinnamon flavored because I'm allergic to the fake cinnamon syrup used in candies and foods.
4. How do you drink your coffee? In a mug....LOL..
5. Favorite coffee ever? The cup I had sitting on the bed in the room where King Henry the VIII stayed in Glastonbury, England!
6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? I am not a coffee snob, I like to check out locally owned coffeeshops for their custom beans. I'm not a fan of Starbucks as I prefer to help out the little guys.
7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? Biscottis, cookies, cakes, a good book...
8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? Nothing that I can think of.
9. Yarn/fiber you love? I like natural fibers.
10. Yarn/fiber you hate? I don't really knit with 100% acrylic or cotton.
11. What's on your needles? socks, socks and some gloves.
12. Favorite colors? Purple, green
13. Allergies? Fake cinnamon flavoring and citronella
14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? O love my husband and my boxer dogs. :)
Monday, February 09, 2009
I used a partial ball of Belle from Universal yarns and the 'One Strand Bootie' pattern. The pattern is a bit vague in parts but once I made the first one the second one was a snap. These are such a quick knit for a quick gift!
Friday, February 06, 2009
Thursday, February 05, 2009
US 6 needles
Magic Loop Two at a Time, Toe Up
Encore Worsted Yarn
Finished on 02-04-2009
SUPER fast - I forgot how quickly socks made with worsted yarn go! I started the heel turn last night around 7 pm and cast off just after 10 pm.
I saw my husband eyeing them up, so I'm going to have to make him some house socks soon!