Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Playing with Alpacas Again...

Oh my gods, I can't believe I haven't posted yet about the excitement of this past weekend -- we went to a friend's alpaca farm to watch the shearing! It got even more exciting when Dirk was asked to help wrangle the alpacas down to the barn floor -- the big males can be really ornery and can spit pretty nasty stuff. Anyway, it was very cool to see the process.

I just started a new project! What? Of course it's a pair of socks. I *love* the Socketta cotton blend yarn and requested that it be stocked at YarnArts. Photos to come later today. I'm still working away on the Bamboozle tank top, another yarn I LOVE. It drapes very nicely, works up evenly and the stockinette edge isn't rolling! I also need to share a photo of the lace wrap made with Ironstone Yarns "Pizzaz". It's a gorgeous novelty blend yarn that has been enticing me at the shop for the last two years, but at $37/skein I needed to find a good one skein project for it.

My father-in-law got his socks and they fit perfectly (whew). I was so scared about making socks without being able to measure the recipient's foot first, but all was well in the end.

I'm gathering together the items for my final Secret Pal 10 swap package. I can now see why people can get addicted to these swaps -- I love to give gifts and coming up with different fun stuff to include in them!

Well, I have a meeting in about 30 minutes, so I'm off for a fun and exciting day!

1 comment:

sp10 said...

alpacas??? Sounds like a blast!!!