Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Herb Garden and screwing up knitting

My herb garden is starting to fill in after a long cold winter!

The soapwort has engulfed it's corner of the garden and is almost as tall as the whiskey barrel pond already in some spots! The skullcap is poking up between the irises and has invaded other parts of the garden where it *knows* it doesn't belong -- the thyme plants hate being crowded by it! The enchincea's spiky leaves are up, valerian is thick and bushy and the rue looks to have tripled in size from last year.

As always the chocolate mint is taking up more room that it was originally allotted, the elfin thyme is getting greener and greener on it's rambling path across the rock wall and the St John's Wort is hiding in the daylilies.

I'm hoping that the tri-colored sage is able to recover from a horrible accident involving my husband and the lawn mower last season and that the lavender continues to fill in the open spot at the end of the driveway.

I finished cotton string bag #2 last night. However, I was paying 0% attention and started the three needle bind off on the bottom about 1/4 of the stitches before I should have. So, the handles go this way, while the bottom of the bag lays flat that way. (laugh). I'm going to have to live with it because I'm not certain I can undo the bind-off, pick up the correct stitches and correct it without making it worse.

1 comment:

sp10 said...

Your herb garden sounds amazing! Mine has since been engulfed by purple coneflower due to neglect...I'm hoping to get it going again this summer.