Monday, April 23, 2007

Father-in-Law Socks...

I've turned the heel on the socks for my father-in-law but now am a little concerned that they aren't the right size. I used the charts in Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks as a guideline, but I think I started turning the heel too early. I think I'll head to the yarn shop either today or tomorrow to find someone with a women's size 9 foot to try them on. Yes, I happen to know my father-in-law wears a woman's size 9 shoe...(snort)

Nothing else new on the needles, but I did teach a private beginning knit lesson yesterday afternoon and enjoyed it very much.

2 comments:

Ann smith said...

Love the things you knitted where did you find the felted fair isle bag pattern and the column o leaves scard n fact all three scarf patterns and the wool peddlars shawl. I'm on a shawl roll right now have 3 started. Thanks ann in Maryland

Pixie said...

The the black and rainbow felted fair isle bag was something I designed myself. If you google "Brooke's Column of Leaves" scarves you should find the pattern. The Wool Peddler's Shawl is from the book, "Folk Shawls"