Thursday, April 19, 2007

Father's Day Socks for John


Father's Day Socks for John
Originally uploaded by BoxerPixie.
Here's the start of the socks for the yarn that my father-in-law picked out last weekend. I'm a little nervous about fit because I can't have him try them on like I do with Dirk or myself. The only other person I've made a pair of socks for outside of Dirk and me is my mom -- but she has the same size foot as me so I tried them on as I went.

I'm using the sizing charts from Sensational Knitted Socks and am going to find someone at the knit shop with similar sized feet to try them on before I get too far. Though if they turn out to be too big, they will fit Dirk so not all will be lost.

These are also the first socks of mine that can count towards the 5280 project. (See blog button at the side for more information about this project!)

PS These are plain vanilla K2, P2 ribbing. I wasn't feeling inspired.

1 comment:

Yarn Thing said...

Pixie,

I don't have your email address (or at least I can't find it) but I wanted to let you know that it means a lot to me that you left a random comment.

So, right back at you babe!

Marly
knitthing.mypodcast.com