Monday, January 22, 2007

Striped Socks!


Striped Socks
Originally uploaded by BoxerPixie.
I finished these socks last night - and they are the tallest ones I've made for myself so far. I originally intended to make them knee socks, and would have had plenty of yarn, but ...sigh... I get so excited once I get the foot and heel done to bind off and put my finished socks on!

I usually make my cuffs as long as the foot from heel to toe for a nice balanced sock. But these are 2 inches longer than the foot. Maybe I'll be patient enough for knee socks some day!

The only thing that bothers me about this pair is that the color is off between the two of them. The yarn was the same color and dye lot, but one is significantly lighter than the other. I pulled from the center of the skein so I am pretty certain it isn't fading from sunlight or anything.

Notes:
CTH method
Cascade Sassy Stripes Superwash
US 1 needle
Magic Loop

No comments: