Sunday, January 07, 2007

Magic Loop Crazy Toes and Heels KAL

On the Crazy Toes and Heels yahoo group, I was asked to help with a KAL using the CTH method with Magic Loop to knit two socks at once. This is my preferred sock method since I get great fitting socks and no second sock syndrome!

I'm a little nervous about running my first KAL, but I figured I'd give it a whirl! If it goes to crap, we're all in this together, right? (wink)
Here's the materials that you'll need to get started:
Sock Yarn: either two balls of 50 grams each, or one 100 gram ball *which will require you to work from both ends of the yarn* Be aware that using a self striping yarn and knitting from both ends will make the socks "fraternal" and the striping will be upside down on one sock.
Needle: Your favorite size needle in a 47" to 60" cable length. Some people use a shorter cable, if that works for you then go for it, but for two socks at the same time, it's helpful to have lots of cable to move everything around on. I prefer my Addi Turbo, but I also use the KnitPicks or Denise needles with the long cable when I am using a larger needle size, like a 4 or 5.
Other materials: Standard stitch markers and double loop markers for CTH method.
Pattern: We're going to make this up as we go! wooo-hoooo! You can use your favorite leg/cuff pattern once we get cast on. I'm planning on a simple garter rib from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Sock book.
Get your materials together and we can cast on on Friday, January 19th -- this should give everyone enough time to get their materials together, ok?

1 comment:

june said...

Pixie,
Thanks so much for volunteering to conduct the KAL. I will be ready on Jan. 19th.
June