Wednesday, January 03, 2007

'Elifine Socks'


'Elifine Socks'
Originally uploaded by BoxerPixie.
I finished them last night -- and I love them!
The pattern is 'Elifine's Socks'. The pattern is well written and easy to read.

The yarn is Knit Picks 'Palatte' in cream, which was leftover from Dirk's black socks with white toes and cuff stripe. The yarn is a bit splity to work with, but very soft.

The only thing I would change is that I used the stretchy bind from the Magic Loop booklet. It's almost too stretchy and flares a bit on my leg as you can see in the photo. I suppose if the socks had been longer the flared part would be on a wider part of my leg.

As usual, I knit these both at the same time on Magic Loop -- which is my favorite way to do socks. Honestly, I don't think I would have made it through a second one if I did them one at a time. Lace socks are hard work and it's easiest to just get them done at the same time.

No comments: