Monday, December 11, 2006

Finished Object: Fetching Mitts....


DCP01758
Originally uploaded by BoxerPixie.
Ok, so the photo doesn't really show the finished project real well - but damn, Allie's cute isn't she?

The yarn is some Encore Marble that has been floating around in the yarn chest for about 10 months.

The pattern is super easy and quick; this one of more popular "one skein" projects of the year. This is my second pair and I've got some
exquisite green cashmere/merino blend yarn for pair number 3!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right about the photo - and Allie is really adorable! I love to knit Fetchings - they are such a satisfaction project. I like 'fraternal' better than 'identical' socks anyway - you did a great job. I have heard about some skeins being wound in reverse pattern and that would just throw me so bad! You did great!

Anonymous said...

I love this! Your model is gorgeous. Her attitude is TOTALLY runway. Funny thing is... I've got leg warmers in cue for two dogs. They just don't have the insulation they need on their legs for cold & snow. Guess I could do this pattern and just skip the thumb hole.

Anyhoo... thank you for the advice on "sizing pattern with multiple colors" - I'm going to give your suggestion a try.

Best,
Jessica Morin
http://www.jesses-place.blogspot.com