Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Crazy Toes & Heels Socks #1


DCP01672
Originally uploaded by BoxerPixie.
Here are the first socks I made with my new Crazy Toes and Heels book. These were made two at a time with two no.3 circular needles with Fortissima sock yarn (which incidently I love how the stripes worked out!)

The toe cast on for these socks was UBER easy and not nearly as slippery at the Magic Loop figure 8 cast on which I find difficult to get started. The heels are the "crazy heels" that a started by creating large gussets as part of the sole stitches and then use a modified short row WITHOUT wraps -- which means no holes up the side.

I'm only about an inch into the cuff, so if I sit down tonight I'm hoping to be able to knock these out by tomorrow's Knitting Guild meeting.

I am also still working on my Mystery Stole and am starting Clue 3. I am working both sides, so I am done with Clue 1 & 2 on both ends.

No comments: