Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Mini Road Trip

I got up this morning with the urge to take a mini-road trip! As I was leaving the house, my lovely husband gave me $60.00 and requested I purchase roving for myself. So, I headed down to Green Valley Weavers in Colorado Springs and on stopped at Table Rock Llamas in Black Forest on the way home.

Here's what I brought home:

A left, a nice heathery wool roving from Green Valley. There is about half a pound in the bag and I got a good price on it. I'd really like to get better at spinning, so I know that I need to practice, practice, practice.

On the right, half pound (around 1350 yards) of laceweight Merino also from Green Valley. I'm going to kettle dye it with hibiscus twigs and bark and alum that I got at Table Rock Llamas. I also stopped at Vitamin Cottage and got two bags of hibiscus whole flowers to add into the mix. I've experimented a little bit with dyeing with Kool-Aid and some spices, so I'm really excited to see how this turns out.

Finally, hand-dyed wool roving from Table Rock Llama. Again, for practice spinning.

I really enjoyed Table Rock Llama's shop and plan to make more trips there in the future. When I got there today, Ann Budd was there teaching a workshop and I was so very disappointed that I didn't know about it in advance, but in looking at their newsletter they've got great workshops every month, so I'm going to keep an eye out for something to attend in the next few months.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Sounds like a lovely trip!