Monday, September 03, 2007

Cast on yet another pair of socks....

Yesterday I spent the afternoon at YarnArts hanging out. I cast on and ripped out "Branching" from Knitty.com at least three times. I was having a disagreement with both the pattern and the yarn - apparently they were not meant for each other. Instead I sat socializing and teaching a friend how to knit and started her on a garter stitch scarf.

Last night I spent hours pouring through books, patterns and Ravelry before I grabbed two skeins of Brown Sheep Wildfoote (in SY17 Purple Splendor) and cast on a pair of toe up socks. I haven't yet decided on what foot/cuff patterning I'll use if any. That is one thing that I love about toe up socks, I can make it up as I go. Once I get the toes to a good size I can fiddle with the number of stitches to work out a lace or ribbing pattern.

This afternoon I'm heading to a friend's house to sit on her deck and knit. :) Life is good.

No comments: