Monday, August 20, 2007

Monkey Socks are pissing me off.....

First cast on was frogged when about 6 rows into the ribbing I got distracted and for whatever reason I started knitting in the wrong direction....

Cast on a second time and I'm into repeat two of the lace....and the sock looks too small and doesn't fit right over my heel and leg. And the yarn (Silky Sock) is twisting onto itself off the ball like crazy and it's annoying me.

Going to cast on tomorrow with a larger needle.

If something goes wrong after that, I'm ditching this pattern.

2 comments:

knitography said...

It sounds like you might have more of a yarn problem than a pattern problem. I am knitting mine on 2.5mm out of Cider Moon and they are quite generously sized. My only problem is finding a loose enough cast off, as I am knitting them toe up!

Kati said...

WHAT?????????????????????? Ditching the pattern? Did I read that right? I just grafted my toe together. I only did 4 repeats on the leg, hoping to have enough for the second. Third time's a charm. Kati