Monday, October 09, 2006

Cable Front Top Down Raglan Sweater

Typical of me, when I want to try something new I jump in with both feet. I started my first big sweater project over the weekend. It's a cardigan with a cable front and raglan sleeves. I'm knitting it top down so that I can avoid the whole seaming and adding sleeves issue.

The pattern is a Paton's booklet pattern I got from a friend who works at the LYS. I'm thrilled at my progress so far!

The pattern is fairly easy to read and the questions that stumped me were pretty stupid ones. (Example, the pattern said "place a marker in the stitch" for some reason I wasn't getting that I actually PUT THE MARKER IN THE STITCH. duh, then I was a little confused on the wording for the repeats but got that situated with one phone call to the very helpful friend, Debi, who gave me the pattern).

The yarn is Cascade Ecological Wool, which is one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Ann in Vermont said...

i love your sweater. Do you happen to know the booklet it came from? I would love to make it for my daughter! maybe for christmas. LOL
my email is jamaicamom@comcast.net