Wednesday, October 11, 2006

10 Knitterly Things You Don't Know About Me: A Meme

1. I'm not a "thrower", I knit continential.

2. I recently have taught myself to purl backwards so I don't have to turn my work. It makes for an easier time when using two colors -- no ball tangles!

3. I'm a lifeline addict when working on lace. My lace project has a lifeline at least every 10 rows.

4. Everyone knows I am a sock addict, but I'm shit at traditional heel flaps which is why I use short row heels.

5. When I learned to knit I just couldn't understand casting on and had to look at a picture everytime!

6. I tried to learn to knit two years ago, thought it was too hard and quit.

7. I'm obessive about finishing project and the thought of having UFO's hanging around bothers me. The only exception is my lace stole and that's because I can't knit longer than about an hour at a time on this on.

8. When I learned to knit, I made 1 or 2 scarves, got bored and jumped right to socks!

9. I can't knit when it's too quiet. I like watching TV, listening to a book on tape or being with friends.

10. I never leave the house without a knitting project. You never know when you'll have a few extra minutes!

So that's my list. Are you surprised by any of it? Or did you really already know all of these things about me?

2 comments:

randi K design said...

Hi! I have knitted since I was 5-6 years old (long time ago...) but I have never heard about backwards pearling! Wow, I need to learn it!! Your blogg is fun and informative, keep the needles going!
Randi (Texas)

Paula Crandall said...

paulacrandall@yahoo.com wrote:
http://blogs.delphiforums.com/n/blogs/blog.aspx?webtag=mymegan

I also have never heard of plurling backwards and am very intrigued. I am also interested in lace knitting. I have always crocheted doillies especially in the pineapple patterns. I have been knitting socks for about 2 years and can't seem to put the needles down to do anything else these days. Let me know about backwarss plurling.
thanks, Paula