Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Sock Meme

When did you learn to knit socks? Shortly after I learned to knit! Socks were the reason I wanted to learn to knit in the first place!

What's the first sock you ever knit? The basic socks from Cat Bordhi's Knitting on Two Circulars book.

Favorite sock pattern? I have my own generic structure that I put various stitch patterns into.

Favorite sock yarn? Wow -- there are WAY too many to choose from!

Favorite needle method? The standard for me is Toe-Up, Two at at Time. And I go 50-5o on short row versus gusset heels.

Favorite sock needles? Addi Turbo 47". My US 2 is usually my "go to" size.

Who do you knit socks for? Me and my husband. My father-in-law and my mother have each also received one pair.

How many pairs have you knitted to date? Quite a few, I'd have to count to be sure, but I'm guessing about 25 to 30?

What's on your sock knitting to-do list? My queue at Ravelry is ever growing...

What kind of socks do you like to knit -
Striped? Used to be a huge fan of self-striping yarn, but lately it's lost it's charm for me.
Colorwork? My third pair of socks were fair isle....I learned a ton!!!...and surprisingly they turned out pretty good! Look at them on Ravelry!
Plain stockinette?
I don't think I ever have!
Cabled? Not yet, in the queue.
Lace? Yes.
Anklets? Yes, and footies, too.
Knee socks? Not yet.
Solid colors? My current choice in sock yarn.
Bright & crazy? Yes.
Faux-Fair Isle? Yes, I loved this sock yarn when I started socks.

Tag a few sock knitters here ~ Anyone who wants to play along and/or also has nothing to share.

No comments: