Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Wool


DCP02222
Originally uploaded by BoxerPixie.
My spinning to date has been frustrating, to put it mildly. It was always slow-going and a struggle.

The first go at it was hampered by the wheel I was using. It is a handmade antique that we purchased at an estate sale. The price was *excellent* but it doesn't spin true and is difficult to treadle.

Next, came the gorgeous Lendrum double treadle for my birthday. MUCH easier to treadle, better bobbins, soother uptake....still crappy results.

This weekend at the Alpaca show I got $6.00 worth of wool roving. Last night I burned through 3 oz in about an hour with fantastic results.

Success at last. Previous spinning was practiced on alpaca which apparently isn't for beginning spinners.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Hooray! So what are your plans for your own yarn?