Monday, May 05, 2008

Maxwell and the Yarn


Maxwell and the Yarn
Originally uploaded by BoxerPixie.
I've had this lovely Cascade Sierra Quattro in my stash for awhile and wanted to make something with it. I thought a nice cotton lace hat would fit what I wanted.

I started a hat on Saturday afternoon, knitting on and off through two movies and cast it off that night.

It was too big.

You're looking at it neatly frogged into a cute little green yarn cake.

However, if nothing else, I'm persistent.

Yesterday, Dirk and I stopped at YarnArts to pick up some US 7 DPN and I re-cast on and I knitting through some mindless television, knitted through "Life with the Kombai" and knitted through the evening news...


It's a crappy photo, but Dirk did get a new digital camera yesterday, so as soon as I recharge the battery on his old one, I'll get better photos.

The pattern is "Halley's Comet"

No comments: