Thursday, May 15, 2008

Jaywalker Update

To avoid the dreaded SSS issue, I immediately cast sock #2 on the day after finishing sock #1. Last night I turned sock #2's heel and am working my way down the foot. The Jaywalker pattern is extremely easy to memorize, I've enjoyed the DPN technique. However, I'm convinced that two socks at a time is the way to go. Sure, it seems like it takes longer since you don't see any finished socks until the very end of BOTH of them -- but then presto! you are done with BOTH socks -- no one cold foot while you finish the twin.

Speaking of twins, I was fascinated as my two Jaywalkers are turning out within 1 row of matching stripes -- very odd considering the long repeats on the Trekking XXL yarn that I am using.

Once these socks are done, I really MUST devote time to the shaped lace tee....it's just taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

No comments: