Saturday, May 03, 2008

Embossed Leaves Sock

I'm one pattern repeat into these socks and I'm having doubts about this project.

I'm using a creamy lightly heathered sock yarn and I'm not feeling the pattern in this color; then I pulled the sock on to see what it would look like on my leg and the cast on is a bit tighter than I like. (and I'm goofed it up to boot).

....sigh....

Just putting these two things into print makes me realize that these socks are destined for the ball winder....and since I'm currently at YarnArts, working this afternoon, it's very easy to just rip them out and not worry about digging out my own swift and ball winder....

Be right back....

Ok, the socks are off the needles and back into tidy little sock yarn cakes.

Hum, now I'm thinking I have a *wonderful* excuse to go cast on new socks with the lovely JoJoland Melody yarn that I have been eyeing up for the last two weeks. What? You agree? Well, alright then, if I must....

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Far better to realize that the sock isn't working when you're not far into than to have this realization, say, when you're binding off at the end! :)

Are you going to give this pattern another try with this yarn, or use the yarn for something else?