Sunday, February 18, 2007

Toe Up Sock Class

Yesterday I taught my first toe-up sock class and had a really good time, I hope the students taking the class enjoyed it as much as I did! I was excited that everyone got to take home one whole completed sock after the two hour class -- ok, so it was a tiny sock, but it was a sock!

Friday night's Sit 'N Knit had a handful of new people which was really nice. I love to see what everyone else is working on and what they've finished up. I started a pair of socks, but ripped them out yesterday morning when I realized that they were going to be too big for me, but that I didn't have enough yarn to make them into socks for my wonderful husband. Cast on same yarn yesterday afternoon using a provisional cast-on for a short row toe, which I had never done. Unfortunately, again, the socks were going to be too big (I was following a lace pattern that I wasn't sure how to adjust smaller) -- so rip, rip, rip again.... This morning I picked up the SAME yarn again, started the socks and they are going swimmingly. The yarn is Brown Sheep Wildfoote in a navy/hunter green/magenta-ish purple colorway and the pattern is the beaded rib from Sensational Knitted Socks, my favorite sock book!

Photos to come at a later date.

No comments: