Monday, February 05, 2007

Secret Pal 10: The Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I'm a huge fan of sock yarns! I like most types of yarn -- wool, cotton, merino, angora! I get a lot of my yarns through KnitPicks and have not be disappointed with any of them. I'm not a fan of cheap acrylic, I do however like a higher quality acrylic blend like Encore Worsted.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

My favorite circular sock needles are stored in the little Addi Turbo baggies that they came in. Exciting, eh?

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I started knitting just over a year ago. A friend showed me the basics and then I got every book that our local library had on the shelves. I'd rate myself a very adventurous intermediate knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I think so.

5. What's your favorite scent?

I love earthy scents like patchouli, sage, ylang ylang. Scents that are too flowery make me sneeze.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I *love* Green and Blacks chocolate! And the Cadbury Fruit and Nut bars.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I am very much a do-it-yourselfer! Yes, I spin and am a beginner on both the wheel and drop spindle. I would love to have a better drop spindle than the one I am currently using.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I've got eclectic musical tastes that range from The Grateful Dead to Joy Division! I have an MP3 player that I love to listen to audio books on!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I like purples, silver, greens, browns, rusty reds -- really, I'm not picky about color.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married to the love of my life. Have boxer dogs who lay around on the couch all day and cats who own the place.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

SOCKS! I'm a sock nut because they are quick, easy and portable!

13. What are you knitting right now?

A lace sampler scarf with laceweight yarn, another lace work patterned scarf but in worsted weight, a pair of socks and would like to start a pinwheel sweater!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Very much so, they are the best kind.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Depends on the project, but I mostly use circular needles in either aluminum or bamboo.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes, both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Less than a year

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Apparently, yarn and roving...(laugh)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I subscribe to Interview Knits. I have a few books on my wish list: Favorite Socks:
Twenty-five of the best sock patterns by Interweave Knits; Knitting Without Tears and Knitting Around by Elizabeth Zimmerman


21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'd like to get better at Fair-Isle and try steeking.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes, on sock knitting. I wear a size US 5.5 women's regular width.

23. When is your birthday?

November 18

No comments: