Monday, November 27, 2006

Felted Hat!

Recently my LYS had some store samples of felted hats that I have been dying to make from a FiberTrends pattern. This weekend my parents came into town and my mom went with me to the LYS to check out the new yarn shipment.

She asked me to make her a hat and she picked out some nice 14 ply chunky tweedy wool. I'd tell you the brand if I had the ball band right in front of me, but I don't and I'm too lazy to get up and go grab it off my knitting chest.

Here's pre and post felting photos. It looks a little funny in the post felting photo because it was still wet and had been tried on by me, my mom, one of our boxers and my husband just before we took the photo.

It really came out cute, was SO easy to knit. I started and finished it in just a few hours -- so less than 24 hours after picking out the yarn, my mom was wearing a (slightly damp) hat!

No comments: