Monday, July 31, 2006

"Spinning, spiraling machine...You spin and spiral in my head " - Blues Traveler

Yesterday was a lazy afternoon, but after lunch I got bored and took a quick jaunt up to Midnight Sun Fiber Arts to see what was new there. Chris had not yet unpacked her new shipment, but pulled open the boxes while I was there for a sneak peek. :)

I also drooled, sighed and wistfully admired all the spinning wheels set up in the back for demos. A new wheel is at the top of my wish list, well, just below "pay off all our debt". See how that is an oxymoron? Ah well, when the right wheel comes along, it will all work out right? I mean that is how I got my first wheel - just being in the right place at the right time.

Chris asked me how my weaving was going and I was embarrassed to tell her that I put my loom in it's fancy new bag a few months ago and it's still sitting in there part way through a project.

Is my blog name making more sense to you now? LOL

I love to learn new things and have so many projects going on at one time and just don't have enough time to devote to them all. Would it be totally insane to "schedule" which projects I can work on when....let's see Sunday for the Mystery Stole KAL, Monday for the Clapotis, Tuesday a free for all, Wednesday for weaving, Thursday for misc knitting, Friday for handspinning and Saturday open for something new!

I'm finishing up a work project, then I'll got pull out my loom as a visual reminder "WORK ON THIS PROJECT". (It supposedly will be a shawl, but that will require me to make a second piece just like the current one, so it may turn out to be a short table runner...snort).

So, what project do YOU have languishing somewhere in a bag?

No comments: